» Future Notification Only - NLL and its Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Langley Events Centre
Love Sports? Driven by Success?
We’re looking for staff who want more than a “job”, individuals who want to be part of a staff team and strong organization, and who are able to contribute to further grow the sports and entertainment success story at the Langley Events Centre.
Specifically, we’re looking for dynamic individuals who consider themselves sports fanatics, with an uncanny ability of keeping intricate details in order, partners and guests happy, and inspiring the staff team.
We are looking for the right people. Talented, experienced people with low ego that want to work. And who to them the work isn’t really work, its fun. So we’d like you to tell us what you can do as part of the staff group to contribute to the further success of the LEC.
There are some specific areas for which the right individuals can make an immediate impact:
· Senior Management and Administration
· Client Services (ticket sales and sponsorship)
· Event Management (spectator based)
· Event Planning and Execution (basketball focused)
· Facility Scheduling and Planning
And there are some general areas for which we’re always looking for great individuals:
· Video Production
· Facility Operations
· Customer Service
· Financial Management
· Information Technology
· Food and Beverage
· Traffic and Parking Control
· Sales and Marketing
· Human Resources
· Game Day Operations (including in-game hosts, statisticians, announcers, p/a, ushers, etc)
· Community Relations
As we said, we’re continually looking for the right people to add to the staff team.
It might seem strange that we put “demands” in a post such as this. But then again, we’re looking for unique people. And we don’t want to waste your time if it’s not going to be a good fit. So here’s the list:
- First, we ask for and expect the best effort out of everyone we work with.
· You must love sports – all sports – entertainment and events.
- You must have an overabundance of energy, and be willing to work evenings and weekends. The LEC is a sports and entertainment, event driven, facility. Some hours are long and hard, we work so others can play.
- You must take pride in and enjoy the results of a successful staff group, the teams that play here, the events that take place here, and the positive feedback from our partners and guests.
- You realize that working in the sports industry is a lifestyle, not a job. Your coworkers are your teammates, when you win, you win together.
- You need to be flexible and willing to take on whatever job presents itself. No one is stuck in a written job description, everyone is expected to pitch in whenever something is needed.
- You need to be organized. You should work well with processes and procedures that get results. Developing and managing systems in the course of constant change and movement will be important.
· You want to bring your own skill set to work with a dynamic group of unique personalities. We are here to complement one another and work together.
- You want to learn and you look for opportunities for personal and professional growth, we’ll provide the opportunities for you to do so.
· You have the ability to communicate well via verbal, written, and in-person methods. Strong people skills are a must have.
- This job isn’t about entitlement. If you expect something for just showing up, this won’t be a good fit.
- Did we mention, you must love sports?
If you’re our sort of person, keep reading, we want you to join our team. If not, no worries, there’s plenty of other companies happy with mediocrity.
How to Apply
Simply send an email containing at a minimum the following three things:
- A brief letter explaining why you are the kind of person we’re looking for, and what areas you think you can assist and succeed in.
- An up-to-date copy of your resume/CV, highlighting applicable skills and experience.
- How much you’d like to get paid in return for bringing your excellent skills and abilities to the LEC.
Beyond those three items, don’t hesitate to include something to make yourself stand out, you can decide what that might be. And, because details are important to us, here’s a tiny test... When you email your materials - in the very first line of your letter - include “I’m a Sports Fanatic” (quotations optional).
Lastly, thanks very much for your interest in the Langley Events Centre. If you’re interested in the facility, some background information is below.
Hope to receive your email soon!
About the Langley Events Centre
The Langley Events Centre is well situated in the beautiful, agriculture-rich Fraser Valley at 200 Street and 80 Avenue, in the Township of Langley. The TransCanada Highway is one mile north providing easy access from all points within the Greater Vancouver area. Located adjacent to Willoughby Community Park, residents and visitors enjoy the many events at the Langley Events Centre and surrounding outdoor activities provided by the Township of Langley.
Since opening in 2009, the facility has continued to offer a growing number of events and services for residents and visitors. The list of past hosted events is impressive, and the number of groups and organizations that host and re-locate their events to Langley continues to expand.
Staff focus on customer service goals for our partner organizations, event hosts, participants, and spectators. The goal is for all guests to experience a unique and satisfying visit.
The Langley Events Centre is 322,312 square feet and consists of:
- Arena Bowl
- Triple Gymnasium
- Banquet Hall
- Double Gymnasium
- Fitness and Community Centre
- Gymnastics Training Facility
- Meeting Rooms
LEC is home to:
- Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League
- Vancouver Stealth of the National Lacrosse League
- Trinity Western University Athletics Basketball and Volleyball of U Sport
- Langley Thunder of the Western Lacrosse Association
- Valley West Hawks Boys Major Midget hockey team
- Fraser Valley Rush female midget hockey team
- Langley Junior Thunder of the BC Junior A Lacrosse League
- Trinity Western University Athletics Hockey of the BC Intercollegiate Hockey League
- Langley Intermediate Thunder of the BC Intermediate Lacrosse League
Other units and organizations are also located within the facility:
- Willoughby Community Centre
- Vancouver Giants and Vancouver Stealth Team Store
- ATO Basketball Merchants Store
- Langley Gymnastics Foundation
- Basketball BC
- Fraser Valley Italo-Canadian Society
- Langley Sports Medicine Clinic
- MLA Rich Coleman
- Pacific Sport Fraser Valley
- Spartan Foundation
Partners and organizations that operate events and services from within the LEC include:
- R.E. Mountain Secondary School
- Langley School District #35
- Lacrosse BC
- Jericho Ridge Community Church
- Tiara Food and Beverage Concepts
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada 2. Do you currently have the proper documentation to work in Canada?
1. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada
2. Do you currently have the proper documentation to work in Canada?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NLL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ